NMC CBT Booking AttentionJuly 1, 2021 2021-09-05 1:32
NMC CBT Booking Attention
NMC CBT Booking Attention
There are some minor changes to the NMC CBT booking process to accommodate the launching of the new Test of Competence 2021 in August.
The last delivery date to take the current CBT will be Sunday, 1 August 2021. Test booking for the new CBT will open in July for dates in August and beyond.
On 22 June 2021, Pearson VUE cancelled any existing test bookings that will take place after 1 August 2021. If you have not rescheduled your booking to a date by 1 August 2021 by then, you’ll automatically receive a refund. If you confirmed and paid for your existing booking over 120 days ago, you will need to contact Pearson VUE customer service to arrange the refund as they may not hold your card details anymore.
It may take five to seven business days for the refund to reflect in your bank account once issued.
When you reschedule your booking, you have the following two options:
If you wish to sit the current NMC CBT, you will need to reschedule your current booking to an earlier date by 1 August 2021. You can do this easily online via your Pearson VUE account.
To offer greater flexibility, you can take the test from your home via Pearson VUE’s online proctoring service OnVUE. If you would like to use this service, please contact them by email at TOC@nmc-uk.org and they will organise this for you. It is important to note that you will need to sit the exam by 1 August 2021.
You can find more information on the test transition arrangements on the NMC Website or from our consultant.
If you decide to sit the current CBT by 1 August, you will be eligible to continue to take the current CBT and OSCE up until August 2022, when the transitional period will end.
After that, if you have not sat and passed the CBT or OSCE, then you will need to sit the new test.
- The date of your individual ToC eligibility remains unchanged.
- The policy of three permitted attempts for both CBT and OSCE still applies.
- You have until August 2022 to accomplish the current ToC.
- After August 2022, if uncompleted, you will automatically have to restart the ToC and sit the new CBT and OSCE.
- You must sit either the current ToC CBT and OSCE or new ToC 2021 CBT and OSCE together. There is no option to mix and match.
2. If your preference is to sit the NMC CBT after 1 August and you’ve not sat the first attempt CBT or OSCE before this time, the booking process for the new CBT will open in July. You can also check in on the NMC Website or talk to one of our consultants.
3. If you are an applicant who falls into the transitional arrangements and have sat a CBT attempt before 1 August. And this is your second or third attempt. Please cancel your booking and you will receive more information on how to book the current CBT after 1 August in the coming weeks. You can also check in on the NMC Website or talk to one of our consultants.
The fee for the new CBT
The fee for the new CBT will remain at £83. If you require a resit, the following fees will apply:
- Part A and Part B: £83
- The Part A only: £50
- The Part B only: £70